Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

bareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow 4.0 Quad: The Truth Review & Swatches



I've heard a lot of hype about these bareMinerals eyeshadows so when I received a quad for Christmas, I was pretty excited to say the least.


First let's talk about the packaging. It has the same material as Nars products. It feels like rubber and can get dirty very fast and shows finger prints. Now, I don't really mind the packaging getting dirty, it's not too big of a deal but I know that that bothers some people. It also has a large mirror that fills the entire lid.



The first shade in the quad is a light, champagne color called Serendipitous.


I'm not gonna lie, this shade was a little disappointing. I felt it was lacking a bit of pigment so you can't see it all too well in this swatch. It's a beautiful color, but I just feel like it doesn't show up too well on the skin.


The second shade in the quad is a shimmer silver/brown shade called Magnetism. It is very soft, pigmented and oh so gorgeous.





The third shade in the quad is a satiny, warm brown called Fate. Again, very pigmented and soft.



Now the last shade, is my favorite. It is a rich, chocolate brown with blue shimmer. Definitely a unique color like I've never seen before.



Also, here's a look I created with the palette.






Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the quality of bareMinerals new eyeshadows. With the exception of the lightest color, these eyeshadows were very soft and pigmented. I definitely recommend! 

This quad retails for $30 at Sephora, Ulta, and wherever else bareMinerals products are sold.

Have you tried bareMinerals new eyeshadows? Tell me what you think in the comments below!




5 comments:

  1. I love neutral shades like this, but it's such a shame that serendipitous didn't work out for you x

    www.lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I like serendipitous <3

      http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
      UK High Street Fashion & Style
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Loving the shades and the look you created is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bare minerals , your eye looks very pretty xx

    mac lipstick giveaway. 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I soo want this , your eye make up looks gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete