Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Lorac Pro Palette Review & Swatches!

First off, I want to say that I'm sorry for being so MIA. School has consumed my life lately. I also got my license and have been on the search for a car and a job as well! Anyway, I thought I'd come back with a review of the amazing Lorac Pro Palette. I know you are all probably tired of hearing about it, I was as well. But I gave into the hype, and I am SO glad that I did!

Let's take a look:



For starters, The Lorac Pro Palette contains 16 shadows. The top row contains shades with a matte finish, and the bottom row contains shades with a shimmery finish. Each shadow is very soft and very pigmented. I'm going to come right out and say it, I LOVE THIS PALETTE. This has taken over my love of the Naked Palettes which I never thought would happen. If you're stuck between buying this or Naked 1 and 2, I would definitely recommend you buy the Lorac Pro.


The palette has a great mirror on the inside of it. The packaging is very thin (much thinner than the Naked's) and just about the same width. The material of the packaging seems to be the same as NARS so it does show fingerprints and dirt however that doesn't bother me. 

Overview of the eyeshadows

The lightest matte colors

White, Cream, Taupe, LT. Pink

White, Cream, Taupe, LT. Pink with primer underneath

The first four matte colors definitely need a primer underneath it in my opinion or else the pigmentation is a little lacking. But that's not a huge inconvenience for me because I always use primer and there is a mini sized primer included with the palette. These are the only shades that I would say need a primer.

The darkest matte colors

Mauve, Sable, Espresso, Black

The lightest shimmery colors

Nude, Champagne, Gold, LT. Bronze

The darkest shimmery colors

Pewter, Garnet, Deep Purple, Slate


Overall, these eyeshadows are just about the best formulation I've ever tried. They are so soft, buttery, and pigmented. With other formulas, I usually have trouble picking up color with a shader brush but with these, I definitely do not have that problem. I definitely recommend this palette for anyone who love neutral colors, and a variety of finishes. 

Also, the primer that is included is a great primer as well. It almost has a silicone feel which I know is strange to hear but it feels really soft and smooth and evens out any veins you may have on your lids.

Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer



This palette retails for $42 at ULTA, Sephora, or anywhere else that sells Lorac Products. 

Will you be picking this up? If you already have it, do you love it as much as I do? Let me know in the comments below!

P.S. I have 3 followers! Thanks so much for the support and reading my blog it means a lot!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the swatches! I think I like the looks of this palette better than the Naked ones which I rarely use anymore.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the look of palette. I feel like I'm always lusting after the next best palette!
    waitealittle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete